Thursday, September 20, 2012

What a day!

So I haven't posted in a looong time. Things have been super crazy! Working full-time, taking accounting classes, and starting my Mary Kay business back up! And still trying to find time for friends and family! But things are great!

Here's how today went. Got to sleep in for an extra 30 minutes, woo woo! Got to wake up with hubby, which was great, even though it was 7am. Went to the courthouse to apply for our passports. We thought we were applying for the passport cards, but the lady on the phone gave me the amount for the passport book, and since we were paying with a money order, we decided to just go for it. We agreed that we will need to fly somewhere internationally in the next 10 years to make it worth the money! ;) We are already throwing around ideas. Hubby suggested Ireland so he can see where they filmed part of Sons of Anarchy. We'll see. I'd like to go to an island in the Caribbean, or to British Columbia, or to Spain, or to Australia, or to...well, you get the idea! Anyways, the ladies at the courthouse were really nice and got things taken care of quickly. They said 2-3 weeks for the passport to come, which is good since we leave in 25 days!! I'm really going to have to work on my base tan over then next few weeks if I want to keep from burning while we're on the cruise!

So then we went to Starbucks so I could get breakfast because I'd seen this Cage-free Egg White, Turkey Bacon, & Cheddar sandwich they sell the last time we were there and really wanted to try it. It was ok, but not great. I love that they use cage-free egg whites and turkey bacon, but I have to be honest, the egg white & cheese english muffin from Subway is much better. Plus, then I can put tomato on it too.

Got to work a few minutes early, and got to save 15 minutes of my PTO time. Woo woo again! Work was crazy. We have so much work to do, and not enough time. But on the upside, my new Scentsy warmer came in today so I got to bring that in & set it up. Everyone LOVED it! I love it too! The scent I got is called "Be Still" and it was very relaxing which helped me keep the stress away almost the whole day. I did have a little freak out at the end of the day, but that's a huge improvement! Here's the picture of the warmer.

Very zen-like right? You can't really tell, but it actually glows when you have it turned on. Super cute! And I can use all the zen I can get while at work!!

Today is weigh-in day at Weight Watchers and I almost chickened out and took a no-weigh-in pass, but I sucked it up and weighed, and I lost!! I was really surprised because I haven't been doing great on tracking, and I had a lot of sodium today, plus half of a cupcake for a coworkers birthday. I only lost 0.4 lbs, but as my Weight Watchers leader says, there's a minus in front of the number and that's all that matters! Of course then I went to Moe's for Free Queso Day and totally blew it! LOL! But I will pick myself back up tomorrow and make up for it!

I also pledged to donate to SpiritFM which is the Christian radio station that is basically all I listen to anymore. They are doing Share-a-thon to raise money because they are a non-profit radio station and it just felt like the right thing to do. It isn't as much as I'd like to give, but I'll get there!

So I got home, ate way too much (chips & queso), and as soon as I'm finished, I get a text from my sister asking if I want to do The Color Run in St. Pete this year. I had no idea what it was, but looked it up and am now so excited for it! It's like God knew I needed that kick in the butt after eating all that junk food to give me motivation to stop over-eating and start losing weight. And what better way to do that than to train for The Color Run. I had found a program a year or so ago called the Couch To 5K, and did it for a little over a month, but then got too busy and didn't make the time to keep up with it. But now that I have a reason and a timeline, I will start again and I will be in great shape by the run in December! Training starts Tuesday! I can't wait!!

Wow, what a day! I think I'm going to go read a little bit in my textbook, write in my thankful journal, and call it a night! I'm exhausted! Can't wait for tomorrow though. My friend is having a Scentsy/31 Gifts party, where I will probably buy even more Scentsy stuff! Have a great one! xoxo

~Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...